This video shows how to backup and restore Office 365 mailboxes using CodeTwo Backup for Office 365. To create a backup job in the program, you need to:
1. Install the program on a machine with Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 and up, Internet access and using an account with global admin permissions to the Office 365 organization;
2. Open the program and either click a link “Start a new job” under the Dashboard tab or navigate to the Jobs tab and click New.
3. Once the Create backup job wizard opens, provide a name for your job and follow the steps from the wizard. When the configuration is ready, click Finish to close the wizard and the backup job view will open.
4. Start the backup job. Once it is finished, you can search for, browse and preview backed up mailboxes under the Backups tab.
To restore mailboxes, folders, or single items:
1. Go to the Backups tab and select mailboxes, folders or items that you want to restore.
2. Either right-click an element you want to restore or click the restore button in the top menu - both will open the Create restore job wizard.
3. In the restore job wizard, choose the target location for restored items and configure other restore options. Finish the steps and start the job.
4. The new job will be visible under the Jobs tab.
CodeTwo Backup allows you to create granular offline backup and restore jobs of Office 365 mailboxes. Office 365 has no external backup options, so if you need an offline backup tool for security, disaster recovery, and archiving, CodeTwo Backup for Office 365 will fill the gaps.
CodeTwo Backup for Office 365 makes it easy to:
- backup multiple Office 365 mailboxes from one or multiple tenants;
- apply backup time filters;
- run incremental continuous or manual backups;
- search and browse for backed up Exchange Online items;
- restore entire mailboxes, folders or just single items (attachments included) directly into original mailboxes, different mailboxes or even other tenants;
- save backed up items locally for as long as you want;
- and much more.
Learn more about CodeTwo Backup for Office 365: http://www.codetwo.com/backup-for-office-365/?sts=4411
Download a free 30-day trial: