Scope for Cyber security . Go through the career opportunities of Cyber security , Govt jobs and Employment News channel from Freshersworld.com – The No.1 job portal for freshers in India. Visit http://www.freshersworld.com?src=Youtube for detailed career information,job openings of Cyber security .
From "ethical hackers" who probe and exploit security vulnerabilities in web based applications and network systems to cryptographers who analyze and decrypt hidden information from cyber terrorists, cyber security professional work hard to ensure data stays out of the wrong hands. Cyber security professionals work in virtually every industry, responding rapidly on real world threats. While there are cyber security associate degree programs, high level careers require an array of technical IT skills and advanced analysis capabilities found in graduate-level degree programs.
As per Forbes there was One Million Cyber security Job Openings in the year 2016 across the globe.
What are the Careers in Cyber Security?
A 4 year course focuses on the array of methods used to protect data and information systems. Students receive training in technical and business skills as database applications, system administration and data recovery. Coursework combines criminal psychology, digital forensics and policy analysis. There are 100s of job titles, but the top positions include:
• Security Analyst
• Security Architect
• Security Software Developer
• Security Engineer
• A Cryptographer
What all you require to become a Cyber Security Expert?
1. Earn a Bachelor’s Degree: Most jobs require a four-year bachelor’s degree in cyber security or a related field such as information technology or computer science. Coursework in programming and statistics combined with classes in ethics and computer forensics prepare students with the technical and analytical skills required for successful careers in cyber security.
2. Complete Advanced Training: Some employers will require candidates to hold an advanced degree such as a master’s degree in cyber security. Prospective employers may offer tuition assistance to meet this goal.
3. Pass Security Clearances (if applicable) : Security clearances are necessary for those who wish to work with classified information as part of a military of government agency. A variety of agencies issue both personnel and facility security clearances, but most are issued by the Department of Defense. Each type of clearance has its own procedures and paperwork. The process, which takes three months to a year, does not begin until an employer decides to hire you, at which point you receive a conditional offer of employment. The first step is to submit clearance documentation, followed by a Background Investigation.
Things you should be familiar with:
• Penetration Testing which is the act of testing the security of your network, server, website or app.
• System Administration
• Network Analysis - Your server will often be connected to a network. So it is important to understand the traffic coming in and out of your server.
• Quality Code - Since you’re a coder, make sure you use the best security practices when developing your websites or web apps. Never trust user input.
• CLI, Terminal, Command Prompt or Powershell - Learning how to work in the Command Line will help you to work faster and more efficiently.
Coming to the Scope:
• You get to work with the State departments responsible for IT SEC and Cyber Security on national level (such as Indian CSIRT under the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology)
• You can apply for jobs at State departments which are responsible for critical infrastructure and its protection.
• You can apply for jobs at Ministry of Defence, partially Ministry of Law and Justice, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Ministry of Science and Technology,
• Private companies developing, selling or implementing IT SEC or CYBER SEC products.
• Universities, faculties of informatics.
Freshersworld on an average posts more than 500 jobs on a daily basis and if your dream is to get a secured position in IT sector, we would say log in to www.freshersworld.com and apply for your dream job immediately.
For more jobs & career information and daily job alerts, subscribe to our channel and support us. You can also install our Mobile app for govt jobs for getting regular notifications on your mobile.
Freshersworld.com is the No.1 job portal for freshers jobs in India.
Check Out website for more Jobs & Careers.
***Disclaimer: This is just a career guidance video for fresher candidates. The name, logo and properties mentioned in the video are proprietary property of the respective companies. The career and job information mentioned are an indicative generalised information. In no way Freshersworld.com, indulges into direct or indirect recruitment process of the respective companies.