To date, L. R. Emerson II has delivered on his 1983 promises to make "Upside-Down Art" a household name in the very near future. Emerson's own efforts in leading the Upside-Down Art Movement has thus far have encompassed the following:
· Created Upside-Down Art for nearly thirty years having begun in 1983 and has made more upside-down, multi-directional, ambigram, Masg styled art than any person in history.
· Exhibited at age 18, and worked as a commissioned artist beginning at age of 19 with work appearing in newspaper and magazines by age 19 and for major celebrities by age 23
· First artist ever to offer their art for free; up to $1 million dollars of L. R. Emerson II's artwork was literally offered for free to anyone in the world. The offer was advertised to the general public in numerous places and stood from 2005 until 2009
· Created in excess of 100,000 works within over 1,000 series
· Engaged 30 years of innovative, experimentation and invention driven research on Upside-Down Art or Multidirectional Art Composition, process and art methodology
· Created Upside-Down, multi-directional Masg Art in the following mediums: airbrush, collography, clayography, etching, lino-cut, oil on linen and canvas, acrylic on canvas, acrylic on board, emulsion transfer, mixed media, photography, digiography, emulsion transfer on metal, pen & ink with watercolor, pencil and ink on paper, oil pastel, collage, digital imaging, vector-based CGI, acetone transfer
· Has been awarded for being considered one of America's Leading Art Educators, frequently serving as a Lead Art Educator on a variety of curriculum writing and Art Education textbook adoption committees or chairperson capacities. Emerson's curriculum writing experiences have included practicum, research and committee collaboration to develop Art Education practices and standards for Art Foundation teaching and Cornerstone Assessments which serve as standards or benchmarks to assess a practicing artist's skills and ability(2008 to 2012)
· Secured exhibition opportunities for student artists - having exhibited several academic thousand works.
· Invented in excess of 50 documented new methods for making Upside-Down Art or Masg Art
· Established a world record in the "Most Digital Works Created in One Hour" with the record set at 86 in 2007 and succeeded to a new record of 87 in 2008, both held by Emerson
· Published The Purple Tree; Art in a Boundless Age, 2009
· 2012 Charles Saatchi personally flags Emerson's online Saatchi Gallery as a "Liked User"
· Among the world's most accomplished airbrush artists, having been placed in magazines the age of 19 and still today advancing the power of airbrush through invention and exhibition.
· Serving among the world's most influential 21st Century Artists and Designers
· Created work for numerous patron including Grammy Winning musician/songwriter Leon Russell -- who wrote "Superstar" the number one hit song for the late Karen Carpenter , March 2, 1950 -- February 4, 1983 (also a Grammy Winner) and living legend Barbara Streisand, born April 24, 1942.
· Donated by Deed the printing, publishing and rights to sale of over $1 million dollars in art.
· Created the first Upside-Down Art/Masg art Portraiture featuring a living person
· Achieved in excess of 100 awards including awards for advertising design and photography
· Received critical acclaim from Nicholas Forrest, contributing writer to Art and Antiques Magazine. Forrest wrote about L. R. Emerson II's Upside-Down Art or Masg Art stating "Amazing art by an amazing artist!" 2006
· Written and published Art History and or Criticism articles about Upside-Down Art
· Exhibited Upside-Down Art or Masg Art at prominent museums such The Museum of Contemporary Art
· Works held in both private estate and public art collections
· Developed, termed and published research about the "Digigraph" art process and art
To date www.e4fineart.com.com and its' counterpart gallery, www.upside-down-art.com has had over 600.000 visitors from across the planet and exists as "The World's Largest Solo Artist Site" TM
· First artist to call for a change in the current Art Education texts and practices as L. R. Emerson II's 30 years of pioneering research has proved the merits and validity of Upside-Down Art, or Masg Art as being a worthy alternative to the three common forms of compositional balance.
Please see the revolutionary art of L. R. Emerson II at www.upside-down-art.com , "The World's Largest Solo Artist Site" TM, and consider the merit of L. R. Emerson II's work for inclusion in your presentation, writing, evaluation and discussion of 21st Century Art.